So.. I got it.. The iPhone, finally. What I could do is to write the regular stuff that everyone does on how it works and so on.. But I’d rather not. Hacking devices and gadgets is funny, and that is exactly what my iPhone is. Hacked.
To do all of this you need:
- Jailbroken iPhone.
- Mac OS X (I use 10.5.2 on an iMac)
- iPhone USB Cable (duh..)
Everything you do is at your own risk. I did it all to my iPhone with great success.
Gaining access to the filesystem
A large portion of the mods requires that you gain access to the iPhones filesystem. If you do not use any special method you like, read this on how to gain access – it is required for most mods.
There are many ways to do this. I found one of them the easiest of them all (at least I think..).
- Fire up Installer.app and browse to Install > Network > AFPd
- Install it.
- Open AFPd and make your settings. It should something like this:
- After that, your iPhone will show up in your Finder:
- Click it and choose “Connect As…” from the bar at the top of the window.
- login as root. If you did not change it, the default password is alpine
- Congrats. You’re in your iPhone.. do not mess around too much – we don’t wanna end up with an iBrick.